Wednesday 3 July 2013

Steady progress

It is 14:40 on Wednesday. I slept pretty well, and was awake at 6am for the next dose of IV aciclovir. The vein started hurt towards the end, so we removed the cannula afterwards. I had high hopes for that cannula, but my veins are not in good shape.

Early in the morning Babs rang offering to bring supplies, which was very nice. She popped in later with crisps, nibbles and sandwiches and fizzy water to supplement the legendarily bad hospital food. She stayed long enough to hear the story so far (with a few embellishments); good luck in the club championship Babs. Then my brother Les rang, just to say hello in between meetings, and pretty soon after that Marilyn rang (from a very boomy stairwell) to wish me well and let me know she has not had chickenpox. Quite a busy morning!

Shortly after lunch the on-duty haematology registrar came to say hello, and hear some of the history. She inserted a new cannula into the back of my left hand, and I am currently receiving the next dose of aciclovir. After she left my consultant came to see me. After checking me over and seeing my general state of health, she thinks I will probably not be here too much longer (again non-committal, but at least positive). She thinks it is unlikely that there will be prolonged posttherpetic neuralgia (i.e. chronic nerve pain), which I very much hope.

Time to watch the tennis ...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment