Friday 5 July 2013

Discharge (from hospital)

After the doctor telling me yesterday I would be here for the weekend, I rang Babs this morning and asked her to bring in some serious supplies for the weekend. Shortly after we spoke my consultant arrived.

My liver scan of yesterday was completely normal, and my liver function tests have improved, so she decided that I really don't need to be here any longer, and that today I will be discharged. I will complete the antiviral treatment with a strong oral dose rather than by IV. My "pox" has pretty much all scabbed over, and the pain is the same as ever, controlled by the pregabalin. I need to come back for a final checkup next Wednesday and then hopefully I can get on with life.

After they left, I tried to ring Babs with no success, and so she soon arrived loaded with food that now I will take home with me. Still, we had a nice chat for half an hour, mainly golf gossip.

So now I am in my room, all packed up and watching Wimbledon, waiting for the pharmacy to dispense my medication so that I can go home.

I will write what I hope is a closing post to this sorry episode after my consultation next Wednesday.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment