Sunday 4 September 2011

T+73: The end of summer

Summer is coming to an end, with cool and rainy weather forecast for September here in the UK. But yesterday it was still warm and sunny, so Rose and I had a round of golf. I still only swing a short iron, so rather than playing from the tees I drop a ball and approach from 100 yards or so. And of course I use a buggy to get round the course. Here is my approach at the 3rd


In the original you can see the ball flying toward the green (honestly). We had a good time, and Rose played very well, shooting another round in the mid eighties; it won't be long until her handicap is cut. This time I managed to play all the holes, and I was not as tired afterwards, so I am definitely getting stronger.

The nausea has settled down quite a lot with the anti-sickness regime. I still feel a bit rough in the mornings, but by 10 it has normally gone. Until now, with the reduced ciclosporin, I have not had any GVHD, but I don't know how long it takes after reducing the dosage for the level in my blood to fall.

We have been using a photo scanning bureau to digitize our old photos (from the prints, we lost the negatives) and by and large it is very successful. The only problems have been when the bureau scans them in the wrong order. It is easy to rename the files on the laptop, but when sync'd to the iPad they come out in the original (wrong) order - i.e. ignoring the file name. My next blog post explains how I overcame this.

No comments:

Post a Comment