Monday 5 December 2011

T+165: Good news at the clinic

Today my neutrophils are 1.04, which is a rise of nearly 100%, and is much safer and better for me. The doctor said it looks less and less likely that the drop was caused by a relapse of leukaemia, but the BCR-ABL results are not back yet to fully confirm this. They will be ready when I next go to the hospital, which will be on the 15th. She said that it is also impossible that the GCSF shots could cause such a large rise in the counts, and the rise must be due to my own bone marrow recovering. My haemoglobin has reached 12.0 (and my platelets are still near 180), so overall my counts are pretty good. Perhaps it was an infection that caused the diarrhoea and the fall in neutrophils?

At the weekend we went to Hastings for Rose's birthday, and visited the site of the famous battle (very interesting) before having a nice dinner and spending a pleasant night in a boutique Bed-and-Breakfast. On Sunday morning we climbed the steps up the East cliff in Hastings, which I found quite hard work but very rewarding (it was more than 100 steps).

No comments:

Post a Comment