Thursday 1 December 2011

T+161: Blood count stable

I went to the hospital this morning to get my blood counts checked. My neutrophils are 0.56, so the same as last time more or less (slightly more in fact). Platelets and haemoglobin are still fine. They gave me another shot of GCSF, and I must go back on Monday. Going twice a week is a bit inconvenient to say the least, but I am also keen to know how my counts are doing, so I guess it is worth the hassle. Although I am borderline neutropenic, they said I can still eat normally (i.e. I can eat fresh fruit and vegetables), although I will avoid oysters for the time being!

I have upgraded my work laptop to Windows7, and it is not going so smoothly! It certainly takes my mind off the darker possibilities of my current symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment