Thursday 29 March 2012

T+280: Rash

Over the last couple of days I have developed a skin rash, that pretty much covers my whole body. It started a few days before that, but smaller. Since we are almost 8 weeks since my lymphocyte infusion it is the not altogether unexpected GVHD as those mature lymphocytes start attacking me! I just hope it is a positive sign that they are also attacking what is left of my host lymphocytes, which is the whole purpose of the treatment. Fortunately, it does not itch!

I took some pictures and emailed the clinic, and they asked me to come in so that a doctor could examine me, so I duly went to the hospital this afternoon. I had to wait 2 hours to see the doctor, who took a look and confirmed that it is GVHD! She prescribed oral steroids which I collected from the pharmacy. I managed to do 2 conference calls during the afternoon (somewhat patchily I must admit).

They have asked me to go back on Monday to see how the steroids are working, and to make sure it is not getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment