Monday 24 December 2012

A Christmas present from the hospital

Although I wrote in early December that it would probably be my last post of 2012, this is my second post since, but I received some good news this morning that must be recorded here.

The hospital rang to say that the results of the additional chimerism test they did on the 6th have arrived ... and I am now 100% donor. None of my original immune system remains, as far as the tests can show, meaning that the last few of my original T-cells that showed up three weeks ago have been killed! I have been waiting for this day for a year, pretty much since they did the second chimerism test and decided I needed treatment with mature lymphocytes from my brother.

It means that the transplant has been as successful as it could be. It is as close to a cure that I can get, and it is the perfect Christmas present.

I would like to say a very special thank you to Harry, to all the staff at UCH, and to all of you for your support. Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment