Thursday 28 June 2012

Slightly disappointing visit to the clinic

I was hoping to have a good result from my latest chimerism test, namely that I would be 100% donor; but sadly, a small amount of my host T-cells remain. Due to a slight mess-up by the lab we did not have the graphs, only a textual description of the results. My doctor will reserve judgement until she has seen the graphs, but it is likely that I will need another treatment of donor lymphocytes (a DLI). Harry will not need to donate any more cells, as they took enough for four doses, and froze them. The precise timing of the DLI is not important, so it will probably be at the same time as my next clinic.

I continue to be in good health, and I have decided to stop recording my blood results as they are totally normal. I am still gaining weight; modesty forbids me to reveal it! However, I have reached a watershed, and the time to cut down has arrived :(

I am now waiting for my last scheduled intrathecal dose of methotrexate. I hope the doctor is as skillful as the last one ... or maybe even the same doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment