Friday 4 November 2011

T+134: Bridge!

This Tuesday after work I went to play bridge in London with my good friend Andrew. It is the first time this year I have played, apart from playing with the most excellent Bridge Baron game on my iPad. I very much enjoyed the session; it is so much nicer playing with people than a computer!

This weeks clinic passed without any problems. My haemoglobin level has risen to the giddy heights of 10.9; the second rise in a row and I feel an upward trend here. Now that I have stopped taking the immune suppressants, I am also following my lymphocyte count, and this was only 2.6 (lower than last time). I have another appointment in two weeks, and then they will probably lapse to once a month (assuming my blood counts continue to be stable).

The leukaemia and lymphoma department at the hospital produce a small newsletter periodically, and the latest issue has a very sad story of a young man who had ALL and died before getting to transplant. It was quite upsetting to read, but it has had the effect of making me feel lucky to be alive! I have met no other patient in my clinic who had ALL (they mostly had lymphomas of one type or another), so any stories or information about other sufferers of ALL is always interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment